Terms & Conditions for the use of Obusso.com
1. Definitions of terms used in context of this document
· Customer: Registered member of Obusso.com who uses the Obusso service to purchase a bus ticket from a bus operator.
· Passenger: A customer who has purchased a bus ticket through Obusso.com in order to get transportation and any other service offered by bus operator.
· Bus service: Any of the services as agreed and rendered by the bus operator to a passenger. Services could include but are not limited to transportation of passenger from one location to another, providing security and safety of passengers and their belongings, provision of on-board services like food/snacks, air conditioning, Wi-Fi, entertainment, toilet facilities etc.
· Booking notification: Electronic notification (email and/or SMS) received by a customer when they select a service offer on Obusso.com and successfully validate payment for the service. This confirms the booking has been received, and is undergoing processing.
· Booking confirmation: Electronic notification (email and/or SMS) received by customer when bus operator has confirmed their booking and their boarding ticket has been issued.
2. General Terms and Conditions
· Obusso is an online bus ticket-booking platform. It does not operate any bus services on its own. Only authorised and registered bus operators will be displayed on the booking platform.
· This service and platform is intended for use by persons aged 18 years and older. By signing up for this service, you acknowledge that you are at least 18 years of age.
· Obusso is responsible for issuing a valid ticket, providing customer support in the event of ticket cancellation by the bus operator as well as providing useful information concerning bus operator services.
· The terms and conditions of the bus operators apply to each ticket purchased. It is the responsibility of the customer to familiarise themselves with the terms and conditions of the bus company issuing the ticket.
· Bus fares shown on Obusso platform are subject to change as determined by the bus operator. A fixed XAF 500 service charge is applicable on each ticket purchased irrespective of bus fare.
· Obusso is not responsible for delays, cancellations, unavailability of the bus, services on the bus, and any loss of goods or property of the passengers on the bus. Passengers are advised to familiarise themselves with the terms and conditions of the selected bus operators concerning personal and property safety and security.
· For cancellation by the customer after the ticket has been confirmed, the terms and conditions of the bus operator apply.
· Obusso is not responsible for any incidents, accidents or harm caused to the passenger, and is hereby excused from any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, litigation or any contingent cost incurred by the passenger.
· Passengers are advised to be present at the boarding station AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE the scheduled journey time and present the electronic confirmation message (email/SMS) or code and their identification papers to the bus agent (or Obusso desk agent if present at the bus agency) and collect the hard copy of their ticket from the bus operator.
· Due to operational and other constraints, it may not be possible to confirm a booking done just a few hours to expected departure time (especially with the early morning travels and during high/peak season travels). Obusso will do its best to confirm customers’ bookings at the earliest possible times, but advises customers to pre-plan and book at least 24 hours prior to their journey for better service.
· It is the customer's responsibility to enter the correct information (traveler information, departure and destination locations, date and time), and to provide a correct email address and phone number so that the booking confirmation email/SMS will be received. Please contact us if you do not receive a notification and booking confirmation within 3 hours.
· Obusso serves as a ticketing agent and services facilitator for third party bus service operators. Obusso will provide the necessary assistance to its customers to obtain a bus ticket and receive good service from bus operators, but is in no way liable for any aspect that is contingent of the service arrangement between the passenger and bus operator.
· On the part of Obusso, the highest liability (not related to service offered by bus operator) under its responsibility shall be limited to the maximum of the amount paid by the customer for the bus ticket, minus any transfer, cancellation or applicable charges as per the situation.
· By using our services, the customer acknowledges to have read, understood and accepted our Terms and Conditions, in addition to our Privacy and Cancellation and Refund policies.
3. Cancellation and Refund Policy
· Obusso will assist to provide refund and support to customer in case of cancellation by bus operator. Customer should contact Obusso by any of the contact methods mentioned on the website and provide booking and ticket details in addition to email address used during booking.
· In case of cancellation by customer after booking has already been confirmed, the terms and conditions of the bus operator as well as the associated cancellation charges apply. Customer should contact Obusso by any of the contact methods mentioned on the website and provide booking and ticket details in addition to email address used during booking.
· Refunds requested due to any other reason (technical issues on the website for example) will be handled on a case-by-case basis. The customer should provide as much details as possible (time of transaction, error message if any etc.) for investigation and refund.
· Any cancellation or refund case should be reported within a period of 24hours from the onset of the incident.
· Obusso collects personal information from customers during the registration process. The information collected is used exclusively for the purpose for which it is intended, and is not shared or sold to any third parties without the consent of the customer.
· Any emails or correspondences between Obusso and its customers are kept private and stored in a customer file.
· Such information can only be shared with any third party at the request of the customer, as a legal requirement or during a legal procedure upon presentation of legal papers from competent legal/administrative authorities.